• Building strengthened for earthquake to a designated level.
• All work to articles of Burra Charter – Accepted practice for heritage places
• Remediation achieved without compromising the aesthetics of the Cathedral. Most of the work hidden from view.
• Life of building prolonged.
• The cathedral remained open whilst work was undertaken.
• Work completed on time and at minimal cost – on budget at $2M.
• Awards have been presented to four participants in the project – Architect, Lighting Consultant, Builder and Structural Engineer MCSE.
This project won the award in the 2008 WA Engineering Excellence Awards, under the category Small Company Projects. See the award here.